Update Migration Script

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Will, you mentioned that you would post another script to capture more information on errors. Is that forthcoming anytime in the near future? I provided my specific error on journal migration and a copy of my journal table.

It is very evident that DNN Corp is well beyond even thinking about Active Modules customers. From the way things have played out I don't think DNN Corp ever had any involvement in supporting AM customers. I think there was probably an agreement for Will to try to support his old customers in his spare time. That is why we can never get ANY response at all from ANYONE at DNN Corp. There are still lots of questions posted on the AF codeplex site and they are not getting addressed either. So I am guessing even if I do get a full migration from AS there will still be lingering issues with AF that may never get addressed now that it is open source.

Is anything happening here or do we now need to wait on DNN 7 and DNN World to be over before Will has any more spare time to devote to this?

OMG I am sounding like Frozen more and more with every post I make about this.

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:31 PM
cliffhammock wrote:

I don't know whether I should be flattered ( because I figured out AM members were no longer a priority long time ago) or get insulted (because you think I am conspiracy theorist and now you sound like me).

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:32 PM
frozendnn wrote:
cliffhammock wrote:

I don't know whether I should be flattered ( because I figured out AM members were no longer a priority long time ago) or get insulted (because you think I am conspiracy theorist and now you sound like me).

Definitely not intended as an insult. I have shared your perspectives for quite a while. I am just less inclined to verbalize how I feel. But at this point, it is hard to imagine this situation getting any worse. I guess time will tell.

Oct 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I know. I am surprised about how few people are vocal about it. Makes me think I am the only one being impatient about the whole delay and broken promises. Are consumers so used to bad service and delays that this has now become normal?