It Has Been Two Weeks, Has Anyone Successfully Migrated?

Sep 19, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Will M. did the AS Migration webinar two weeks ago. Since then has anyone actually completed a migration? I know several are stuck on step 1. I actually made it to the final journal migration step and then got an error.

If no one has actually completed the migration, shouldn't that be a sign to DNN Corp that we need an updated version to deal with issues?

For me personally I think the issues are possibly related to the custom journal types I am using. But Will asked for our custom journal types a while back so he could map them in the migration tool. So they should work.

Do any of you other "failures" have any ideas what the issues are? I guess it would be great if I were an actual coder and could look through the code and figure it out myself. I think I will at least download it and take a look. Maybe something will jump out at me.

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I haven't been able to migrate.

Does not migrate profile pictures even if it says it has. Profile pics do not change although it does show the small profile image next to the inbox/notification icon but nothing on the profile page. 

Migrating friends throws a server error. However, it did migrate random few friends. 

I ignored that and proceeded with groups. However, it did not list all the groups. It randomly selected three groups out of 8 groups. I had the choice to select between those three groups.  I ignored that and proceeded with Journal. The only journal items it migrated were, Member joined this group on this date. No status/images journal items were migrated. I ignored that and proceeded to the group page - F'ing forum does not work. I am "using" AF 5. 

Hooray for DNN for taking over ActiveModules! 

Sep 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Nope, I get internal server error at the first stage of the AS migration (and still have AF group discussion errors). I posted the internal server error in the issue tracker but this is totally ignored by DNNCorp, no response whatsoever. I am not even considering trying this on my live website right now.

Unfortunately the lack of communication is really getting me nowhere.

@DNNCorp, when will you address the issues mentioned in both the AS & AF discussions/issue trackers here at codeplex?

Sep 22, 2012 at 7:42 AM

At least we know why they're not responding. They shifted their focus to releasing DNN 7 CTP2 - http://dotnetnuke.codeplex.com/releases/view/94184

Maybe the AS migration tool will be made ready for DNN 7 as well ;)

Sep 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I suggested numerous times that the focus would rapidly shift to DNN 7 and I made appeals to several at DNN Corp hoping that they would mature DNN Social capabilities before jumping onto something new. But alas I got no feedback and now here we are. It baffles me how an organization that presents itself as a professional corporation can treat customers this way. I do consider myself a customer even though I haven't purchased DNN Pro. Maybe it is me who has the wrong perspective on that, but we did purchase, test and help mature ActiveModules products, and as I have stated so many times, everyone with the exception of us few is / has benefited from the purchase of AM by DNN Corp. 

Can you guys at DNN Corp just think for a minute about how poorly you are treating people who have supported your endeavors for so long; in my case for 9 years I have been a big DNN advocate. And no I am not whining. I am just asking for the basic respect that people should show each other. You have pretty much lost all credibility at this point. But we still need a working AS Migration Module.

So can we get ANY feedback at all? This really sucks guys!

Sep 23, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Unfortunately I am stuffed without this working migration script - I have everything else ready to go (sans AF custom templates) and just waiting on this...

Sep 24, 2012 at 6:43 AM
PokerDIY wrote:

Unfortunately I am stuffed without this working migration script - I have everything else ready to go (sans AF custom templates) and just waiting on this...

The same over here .....

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I'm trying to get a reply from DNN Corp here - please add your comments, if they know how many customers are awaiting an answer it may help - http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Resources/Forums/forumid/118/threadid/467903/scope/posts.aspx

http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/Community-Exchange/Question/2111/When-is-the-ActiveSocial-Migration-Script-due-to-be-released.aspx

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I posted on both the forum and the Q&A. At this point I really don't think anyone at DNN Corp cares about these issues.

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2012 at 5:57 AM

Only 16 people have downloaded the migration tool and I know several of those have been from me.  I just did a quick test again and the migration tool ran fine.  There isn't a lot of error checking in the tool which means that things like file permissions, product versions and database free space have to all be in check.  I will add some code shortly to report a little more details when errors are encountered.  

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I've just completed a migration and have found the Profile Pics aren't showing up in the member directory module or profile module. I checked the logs and have this:

InnerException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

FileName:

FileLineNumber: 0

FileColumnNumber: 0

Method: DotNetNuke.Services.FileSystem.FolderManager.GetUserFolder

StackTrace:

Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Services.FileSystem.FolderManager.GetUserFolder(UserInfo userInfo) at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveSocialMigrator.Services.ProfilesServiceController.MoveProfilePics() at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClassd.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__a() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__4() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

The Groups seem to have moved over but there were errors for those in the logs as well.

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:14 PM

I guess I was a little surprised that more people haven't downloaded either. Maybe some are waiting to see if anyone has success with the script. Regardless, if only a dozen people have tried to run it and not a single person has had success it has to indicate an issue with the script. So adding in some level of error details should help. By "shortly" do you mean like today or this week or later?

I know you don't want to get involved in specifically dealing with case by case issues, but I did send a copy of my journal export to your email so you can see if that helps you identify any issues.

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:47 PM
koolworld wrote:

I've just completed a migration and have found the Profile Pics aren't showing up in the member directory module or profile module. I checked the logs and have this:

InnerException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

FileName:

FileLineNumber: 0

FileColumnNumber: 0

Method: DotNetNuke.Services.FileSystem.FolderManager.GetUserFolder

StackTrace:

Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Services.FileSystem.FolderManager.GetUserFolder(UserInfo userInfo) at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveSocialMigrator.Services.ProfilesServiceController.MoveProfilePics() at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClassd.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__a() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__4() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

The Groups seem to have moved over but there were errors for those in the logs as well.

There was some discussion about the profile pic handler on this thread at the AM site. Could this be your issue? http://www.activemodules.com/activeforums/general/commenting-out-user-profile-dnn-6-2-2/

Sep 28, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Thanks for the info - I think this is related to the AS profile pic handler not working after an upgrade to 6.2 as DNN now has it's own - we are migrating away from AS so don't need the AS functionality anymore - the DNN profile pic isn't showing the AS user profile pics as i think the migration tool isn't working correctly yet.

Sep 28, 2012 at 7:35 AM

I haven't downloaded yet, because I don't see the point in running the migration script before I'm confident that the AF5 module is stable.

I am, however, following every discussion in here, visiting daily. But if the number of downloads is used as the only indication of how many people are waiting for this, I will download it for sure!

Sep 30, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I have downloaded the tool but have yet to run the process. A) been to busy on other stuff an B) after reading all the issues with it here decided to hold off and see if they get the errors ironed out. I'm on 6.1.5 and have upgraded to AF5 that went okay. Will give the AS Migration a try in about a week.

Oct 14, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I posted this the "Internal Server Error" thread as well.

Okay I had a go at this today. All good up until the final migration - "Migrate Journal Items" Internal Server Error. Same as Cliff.