How to proceed

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Hi Will,

How is the feedback for the this module so far. Am I the only one who bumped into an issue?

I don't mind testing a bit more but right now I can't get passed the first stage of the migration module.

Regards

Sep 14, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Marc, Will says a final release of AF5 will be out today. If early enough I will go through at least a first round of AS migration testing today. If not, I will get to it early tomorrow. That is, of course, dependent upon AF5 actually being released. Since RC3 was released yesterday I am confident in a final release today.

Sep 14, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Need to restore my live website once again because even with the latest RC (3) of AF I am getting errors when visiting a group discussion page. But not sure if this is because of the upgrade from RC / RC2 / RC3. 

If you give it your first attempt tomorrow I am curious to find out whether you got the same error as I got or not. What somewhat surprises me is the low number of downloads for this module so far (13 at time of writing). There were quite some people crying out loud that the need the migration module but hardly anyone has downloaded it yet. Let alone disovered an issue with the module (if there are any apart from mine).

@Will, could you please tell me how I can get passed that error I posted in the issue tracker? I cannot test anything because this is at the first step and since you indicated we need to execute in the top down order.

Thanks

Sep 14, 2012 at 4:57 PM

This when going to group forum. I am using the latest AF5 and after migration:

UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.89 Safari/537.1

DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider

ExceptionGUID: d13fa93e-912d-49e8-a3f5-e4d5b9021a27

InnerException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

FileName:

FileLineNumber: 0

FileColumnNumber: 0

Method: DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Classic.GetControl

StackTrace:

Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Modules.ActiveForums.Classic.GetControl(String view, String options) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Sep 16, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Hi Frozen,

You even have a different than me. I posted it over here: http://activeforums.codeplex.com/discussions/395701